Translate

Tuesday 6 August 2019

I went to see Sir John Barleycorn today


The Oldest Inn in the New Forest


Historical charm. Dating back to the 12th century, The Sir John Barleycorn is a beautiful thatched tavern on the bank of the River Cadnam in the New Forest.. The name of this friendly thatched establishment comes from a folk-song celebrating the transformation of barley to beer.

https://www.sir-john-barleycorn.co.uk/


The Inn is located just off of the M27 and on the A31 at Cadnam, Hampshire 


The Ornate Inn Sign 


The Inn backs onto the pretty Cadnam River


The Main Bar Area.


The Restaurant Area.


One of the Free Range Chickens seen clucking around the Inn front.


The Inn is very popular with visiting Classic Car Groups.


My National Pride - London Pride - Morgan Centenary Goody Bag Pride and Morgan Centenary Roadster 100 Register Pride - (It is only Diet Coke, bye the way) 


Arriving early for my meeting I am surrounded by Tin Tops at this popular venue.


My meeting there is with Register leader Terry Seymour for a social lunch and general catch up.


This is the nearest I am likely to get to a Morgan Plus 6 
( Z4 Engine) 

As if on cue the early lunchers departed leaving plenty of room for Terry's Mog.


Moments later Terry swings Frog Mog into perfect position next to The Green Goddess. 


I just could not get that ideal photo while the Inn is an all day venue.


This way is better.

It includes the garden umbrella where we sat until a sudden gust of wind flipped the menu over and and knocked Terry's full glass of coke over the table and my right trouser leg.

We moved inside after that one.

Just before leaving there was just enough time for me to make my usual 'Inspection of the Plumbing' - just for the record.


All of the usual male facilities including Hand Dryers and Paper Towels


No excuse for unkempt hair lads.


'Lid Up' in Regulation Manner 

This visit also contains a strange occurrence. One the way here, while using my Sat Nav, I stopped at Rownhams Services a few miles back up the M27. 
When I resumed the journey the sat nav ceased to be able to find any Satellite Signal. 
As my previous sat nave ceased to operate for ever in the same manner I convinced myself that Tom Tom had built obsolescence into bot units. 
On leaving I reset the Sat Nav for home but still no Satellite Signal. 
However, as I passed Rownhams Services again, travelling in the opposite direction, the signal returned. 
How odd is that?   
Frank


No comments:

Post a Comment