Translate

Tuesday 1 October 2019

There Is Always Something Happening On The Solent

There Is Always Something Happening On The Solent 

There I was, enjoying our Dog Walk approaching the Sailing Club on this blustery September morning.


In the distance I could see all sorts of equipment and vehicles parked on the grass? 

Last week it was a group practicing 'Oil Spill Control Methods'


Even the dog wonders what it is that I am photographing.


Through the Zoom Lens it appears a shambles of Gazebos and other as yet unspecified objects.


Sound Boom and lots of people, It must be a Film Crew in action.


Closer still and I make out what looks like the Bridge of a Submarine with Captain and Lookout in action.


Still too far away I need to investigate more.


Then I came across these two Salty Sea Faring Types and immediately upset them by asking if they were 'Extras'.

Probably locals, they suggested that had I been a Southampton Football Supporter I would be in the sea by now. The local Portsmouth Southampton Derby was about to take place. (Southampton won 4-0 )
  
We enjoyed a chat about the area but nothing forthcoming about what they were up to and I continued our walk..


From this angle the scene was more obvious but still no story line available.


Looking more realistic from here.


A real scene post WW2. 

Our Film Captain should be wearing the Polo Neck Sweater




As Sound Recording was underway we were asked to be quiet so I continued my walk in another direction.


Passing the Sailing Club Slipway I came across more 'Props' stacked on the beach. 


The whole car park was taken up with vehicles such as the 'Make Up Wagon' and the 'Refreshments Bus'.


Returning, following my visit to The Haven Cafe, for the regulation 'Americano', filming seems to have switched to a different scene. 


From here it appears to be something taking place on the beach.


Making my way back along the promenade I can see this little girl holding a Fishing Rod.


Her assistant seems to be holding The Script so could be a Prompter?


It was at this point that conversations I had with others in the Cafe were sort of confirmed.

They were filming a new Weetabix advert.
The Weetabix is clear to see in the bowl and the box is very familiar.


We will have to wait until the Advert is screen'd to find out the full story-line but rumour has it that she catches the Submarine with that rod? 


As I climb the cliff back to road level, it appears that filming has stopped as a rain shower arrives and everyone seems to be sheltering in the Gazebos and the Camera is abandoned under its cover.

Just another interesting Dog Walk along our Solent Beach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment