Translate

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Morgan Dealerships Visited During My Journey


Having a Morgan Centenary Roadster 100 car, made to celebrate the Morgan Company Centenary in 2009, I thought that it would be an appropriate gesture if I could make contact with and visit those dealerships who were on or very near to my route.



SGT at Station Road, Taplow, Berks is my local dealer who has provided both of our Morgans. 

'The Green Goddess' (Named by Julian Cutts) began her Post Factory life at SGT before we became the proud owners.  

A Visit there during the trip was not on my route and the day I arrived home, it was far too late to make a visit.

However, I made a special visit with my 'almost' cleaned up car but sods law prevailed as Julian Cutts was away that day.



During the journey, the first of these Dealership Visits would be made to Phil & Joyce Ledgerwoods at Ross Lane, Winterton, North Lincolnshire. 

I first met Phil & Joyce when they attended our 2011 All Morgans Day at Waddesdon Manor as both Sponsors and Exhibitors.


What was even more spectacular was the totally unexpected reception I received from the Members of LinMog who came along to greet me as Peter and I arrived.




Peter Gilbert and his fantastic Mog met me in Skegness to lead me in on the drive which was a great pleasure despite the heavy rain towards the end.


Next up was my visit to Russell Patterson's dealership at Bute House, Arran Road in Perth. 

It was a Saturday so unfortunately Russell was away racing Morgans or Ginettas with his son somewhere.




I was welcomed and looked after well with a most welcome coffee by John Printie who also was kind enough to pump up my tyres in much need of a few pound pressure.


The Accolade for the most innovative Customer Loo has to go to Russell for this one providing reference material while one contemplates a new purchase.


It was quite a few more day before I would visit Lifes Motors, The Oldest Morgan Dealer in the World, at West Street, Southport, Merseyside, where Dave Russell and Graham Perry were my hosts with more very welcome coffee.




Roadster 100 owner Nick Taylor was also there to greet me so to have two R100,s together again was a big bonus, only repeating the meeting when owner Philip Loring organised a great lunch for me on Day 1 at Frinton on Sea.


It was down in South Wales to 12 Somerset Road in Cwmbran that I visited Newtown Motors. 

Peter Constable was my host on this busy day for the business. 

Tim Allan was also there to say hello.




I was to get my first opportunity to actually sit in the new Three Wheeler bedecked in its Welsh Dragon Wrap.


Perranwell Garage in Perranwell Station near Truro, Cornwall was only a couple of miles off of my road to the King Harry Ferry. 

It was another Saturday so unfortunately Allan and Ann Ireland were having a welcome day off. 

Sadly I did not write down the name of my host for the visit who was also busy preparing The Red Morgan 4 Seater for Hire that day.




The Perranwell showroom, like all of the dealerships is full to the brim with wonderful motors.

John trying to shelter while posing.
The following day was Sunday therefore I was already aware that Berrybrook in Dawlish Road, Exminster, Devon would not be open. 

Friend John Hayes met me at my hotel to drive part of my route home. It was the day of the Storm & Floods as we took our photos in the rain outside of the showroom.

Also a Royal Enfield dealership



The Mog did not know what it was in for later with the Floods
This was to be a Hood Up Day all day with Fallen Branches and Eight Flooded Roads to cope with.


I had actually completed my circuit when I visited Brands Hatch Morgans on Maidstone Road, Borough Green, Kent.


They were not aware that I would be visiting as I did not know if I would get there before they closed. 

It was late but owners Sarah Hutton, Keith Jackson and Brett Syndercombe were still there.






Keith was kind enough to host my visit with Sarah providing a welcome coffee before I headed home after 21 nights away. 

He also discovered a loose nut and was kind enough to tighten it before I set off.


No comments:

Post a Comment