Translate

Thursday 5 April 2012

Fabulous Fundraising in Beaconsfield

I have just completed my first ever attempt at fundraising with a Charity Tin and a Sticker Clad Morgan. Three days over that last two weeks with sunburn on day 1, with day 2&3 this week cold enough to scare away any brass monkey.

The good people of Beaconsfield and its surrounds, shopping at Sainsbury's and passing the Town Hall Green donated the fantastic total of £677.27.

With the close proximity of the Waitrose store to the Green provided the benefit of the extra passing shoppers.


With school holiday it was a pleasure to see the smile appear on young faces as they collected their H4H wristbands.

Yesterday at Sainsbury's  I was visited by John and Geoffery & Diana with their Morgan cars, which was brilliant.  


'The Green Goddess', as I call her, is now back home in the Garage ready for the weekend of packing and preparing, ready for an early start on my drive around the Coastal Roads on Tuesday.

There has been no news today about the state of the Fuel Tanker Drivers negotiations at A.C.A.S., so I will be setting out on my journey east and then north wondering if I will be allowed to complete the whole journey.

Please watch this space for daily updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment